Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Apple Banana Bread

So between sick kids, husband’s R&R and a fairly long trip to my folks house I am back.  I never thought that starting a blog would be so time intensive!  Funny how weeks can go by where I can find the time everyday and then all of a sudden there is none!  I am sure that all you moms out there can completely understand.  J 

I have had 3 bananas sitting in my fruit basket for quite some time.  Eventually they made it into the bowl I use for my baking and then…. sat there for a bit too.  I feel like I am always making banana bread and just wanted something a bit difference.  Not to mention with two kids under 4 years old, time is always of the essence.  So this is what I came up with.  It is a great way to use those old bananas and a quick, somewhat healthy alternative to your average banana bread.  This bread is super moist and is great for a quick breakfast the on the go or when having coffee with girls. My kids even eat it!

Ingredients
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1c. White Flour
3/4c. White Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1c. Milk
3 large ripe bananas
2 peeled, cored medium apples

Directions:

Lightly mash bananas until they are mostly pureed but still have some lumps. Add apples, eggs, and mix. In another bowl mix both flours, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Mix dry ingredients in several sections into the banana mixture. Add the milk and mix until thoroughly mixed. Batter will be thick.

Pour batter into greased 9x12 bread pan and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 60 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.



Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment