Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pecan Cream Frosting

When I made my Pumpkin Ginger Cupcake I needed something to put on the top.  I didn't have any cream cheese or butter so as I searched the pantry and refrigerator I came up with some heavy whipping cream, Southern Pecan coffee creamer and sugar.  After a little research I discovered that you can make frosting out of coffee creamer, amazing!  But most recipes called for powdered sugar, which I didn't have.  So here's what you need, and it is super easy.


I had about half of the whipping cream left, about 16 oz and so that's what I started with. 

Pour 16 oz of heavy whipping cream in a chilled bowl and mix with an electrical blender on high for about 5 minutes or until it starts to get thicker.  Add 2 cups of any coffee creamer you like and continue to mix on high for another 5 minutes.  It will get thicker.  As your mixing add a tablespoon of white sugar (will total 1/2 a cup) to the mixture at a time and continue to mix.  Stop mixing when topping stands in stiff peaks. 



** If you are not using the topping right away at a packet of gelatin when mixing the sugar in to keep it stiff.  I would suggest to not add the topping until you are getting ready to serve.  The topping will hold in the refrigerator for a few days but when you take it out to use it you will need to mix it again with a fork as if you are beating eggs, until you get the right constancy.  It will look a little gross after you take it out of the refrigerator before mixing.

This just as wonderful topping and I'm sure it would be just as good on a cake as a cupcake. Plus you can change the flavor with whatever creamer you have!


No comments:

Post a Comment