Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Leaves

Today's craft is a leaf garland.  After making the pumpkins for the mantle I decided a leaf garland would be a nice touch.  I have cut out most of the leaves already, using a pattern I found online at http://www.allkidsnetwork.com/coloring-pages/fall.html.  Instead of cutting it out I actually just blew it up in Power Point and traced it off the computer screen.  The letters I cut using my Cricut and the Zoobaloo cartridge.  I am just trying to decide if I want to sew the leaves together or tie to a string and then hang.

Here's the finished garland! I think it turned out great. Now I just have to keep a diligent eye on my kiddos to make sure no one pulls it down in attempt to get a up close look at it!




 Tutorial:

I am sure you have probably figured out how to make this from just looking at it.  But since I like steps and details here they are:

You will need:
Colored card stock
scissors
leaf template
string

Directions:
Cut out different colored leaves, I chose to use the same size except the ones that have the letters on them, which I used a slightly larger size, but that's up to you.





After cutting all the leaves out I punched holes in the stem or bottom of the leaf for the ones without the letters.  I strung them together using some string and used the hot glue gun to secure the string to the back of the leaf with a bit of glue.

This was super simple and quick craft that just gave a little festivity to the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment