Saturday, September 15, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

Last night after a MOPS meeting I decided to make a healthy alternative for the breakfast at the meeting for today.  The planned donuts definitely were not going to be good for my diet.  Since I didn't make this decision until about 10pm it needed be something super quick and easy.  I will warn you that yes this is another pumpkin recipe.  But I will warn you it is super good.  I tried them out on a small group of friends today and even ate about 3 or 4 right after they came out of the oven last night.  They are pretty healthy and low fat so don't feel too bad when you end up eating quite a few all by yourself too!


You will need:

2 c. whole wheat flour
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/3 c. white sugar
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c apple sauce
1/2 c. almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt
1 15oz can pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

To be honest I just mixed all of the ingredients together.  I know you're supposed to mix together the dry and the wet separately but I have two small kids under 4 years old and it was pretty late.  So, whatever saves time and still turns out good works right?  My thoughts exactly. 

I baked some in mini muffin pans and some in a regular sized muffin pan.  The smaller ones took about 12 minutes and the larger ones about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.  They popped right out of the tins and are really light and fluffy.  I hope you guys end up liking them as much as I do!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment